I'm an architecturally trained entrepreneurially seasoned producer that excels in studio, account and project manager roles. My passion resides in seeing creative ideas come to life on time and on budget within the built environment or digital landscape. My strengths lie in the ability to balance the left and right side of the brain on a creative endeavor while managing a studio or team along with the client relationship. I easily transition from being in front of clients, reporting to company leadership and intimately developing junior level team members. I find great satisfaction in helping refine systematic processes for maximum efficiency with the ever-changing range of technological tools available at our disposal.
My career arch has taken me from studying in Ohio, to designing in San Francisco, to starting and growing a production agency post economic crash in New York, to starting anew in Portland managing a design studio. As for extracurriculars, I have spoken at national conferences, marketing organizations, film festivals and design schools while also teaching courses at Pratt Institute and the University of Minnesota. I'm looking forward to my next significant career step working with passionate, innovative and creative professionals.
- Producer - up to a dozen concurrent productions
- Business Management - BIS implementation and upkeep
- Resource Planning - ERP implementation & management for 65 staff
- Client/Account Services - top level brands and high profile private clients
- Project Management - scope, budgeting, production and delivery
- Concept Development - pitches, storyboarding & scripting
- Proposals - writing, graphics & presentations
- Business Development - strategic networking
- SOW - scope development & contracts
- Budgeting - development, tracking, KPIs & ASRs
- Video Production - directing, shooting, interviewing, lighting, etc.
- Marketing Management - email campaigns, social, etc.
- Public Speaking - design, marketing & film conferences & events
- Teaching - college level professor
- Volunteerism - creative, marketing & filmmaking orgs
Scope, contracts & agreements
accounting & billings
PRODUCING & DIRECTING
pitches & proposals
CINEMATOGRAPHY / photography
LEAGUE OF ARCHITECTURAL FILMMAKERS AND STORYTELLERS
OREGON MEDIA PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS portland
SOCIETY FOR MARKETING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OREGON
Shoot: One Day with Four Crew
Client: Dagne Dover
Role: DP/Gimbal & Camera Operator
Shoot: One Half Day with Four Crew
Shoot: One Day Shoot at CES Booth split between Half Day with Two Crew for Cinematography, and Half Day with Four Crew for Testimonial Interviews
Shoot: Three Half Days for all Cinematography and Voice Over Interviews with Two Crew
Shoot: One Day with Five Crew
Client: Architect Magazine
Shoot: One Day with Three Crew
Client: Ruben Companies
Shoot: Half Day for Interviews with Three Crew, Multiple Half Days for all B-Roll Cinematography
Client: September 11 Museum and Memorial
Role: Account/Producer/Director/Cam Op
Shoot: One Day for Interview and all Cinematography with Three Crew
Client: Arbuckle Industries
Shoot: Three Months with Two/Three Crew
CITY URBANISM AT 24 FRAMES PER SECOND
Pratt Institute - Professor and Curriculum
University of Minnesota - Professor and Curriculum
DAY TO DAY INSPIRATIONS
This is my Instagram feed showcasing amazing people, inspiring projects, daily moments and of course adventures with my family across Oregon and the Cascadia Region. Probably heavy on the latter and of our little guy, Silas but what parent can deny the grandparents back in Ohio?!
I'd love to talk further about my work, passions, services or story along with hearing from you about your own, so please reach out to me here or on your preferred social platform below!